J S Bach Flute Sonata In E Minor BWV1034: III. Andante






18th Century French Impressionist Paintings | ... marine french ...

Andrew Marr 
Broadcaster

"I am not a deeply musical person - I don't play and have only the vaguest grasp of musical structures - so this cannot be intellectual, or mathematical, which is what people say Bach is all about. I find him calming, hypnotic, meditative, inspiring and, above all, consoling.



Emmanuelle Haim
Conductor

I love Bach's music because it is so comforting. To me, it feels as if I'm coming back home whenever I play Bach. It feels so naturally written and genuine. There are hidden elements in Bach; for musicians it is very knowledgeable music, but what comes out of it is more of a spontaneity of expression. You can listen to Bach from many points of view: you can admire the science of it, the incredible intelligence of it, but even if you don't have any musical training or knowledge, you can still enjoy it for the incredible spontaneous life of the melody.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Femto Photography – Catch Light Speed in Motion